A bay window is an excellent option for a homeowner looking to create extra indoor space and a larger viewing area to the outdoors. First gaining popularity in the 1870s, this window style projects outward from the exterior wall of the home and is often installed to achieve the Victorian feel of that era.
Due to their versatility, SoftLite’s bay replacement windows are also installed for a variety of other reasons. A bay window is a unique aesthetic feature that is guaranteed to add curb appeal and provide additional natural light and convenient, stylistic seating. If you're looking for an even more customizable replacement option, perhaps consider adding a bow window.
Unlimited Customizable Possibilities
With the help of a SoftLite dealer, you can design your bay replacement window to flawlessly match your home's appearance:
- Style choice: Tailor the frames' shape to your individual taste. Choose from casement, picture, and double-hung window styles to fill the openings of your bay replacement window.
- Unlimited exterior color: Browse our array of standard exterior colors or take advantage of our custom color matching program to select virtually any color you can imagine (available on multiple product lines)
- Custom roof system: All of our roof options for bay replacement windows are custom-fitted and painted to fit your home's existing roof. Choose from classic aluminum or copper, or have your factory-trained installer make a matching shingled roof.
Showcasing Winning Design and Competitive Functionality
SoftLite’s bay replacement windows also come packed with features often overlooked by other manufacturers, including:
- SuperSeat™ base: Specially crafted window seat construction provides high-density R-9 insulation to resist outside cold and condensation. These fine hardwood bases are available in a number of custom matching stains and varnishes such as white birch, oak, a variety of laminates, Corian®, and more.
- Wood grains: We offer four different interior wood grain options on several product lines, making it easy to pair your bay replacement window with your fine furniture.
- Comfort-Foam™ insulated: More panes would typically allow for more airflow through the frame, but not SoftLite's bay windows. Each mullion and window frame is insulated with Comfort-Foam™ for maximum energy savings and comfort.
- Welded sill pan: This exclusive feature effectively eliminates water penetration. An added benefit to this unique design is the built-in weep system to channel rain away from the window.
- Sag-free support: Unlike other bay window models that lack proper support, SoftLite bay replacement windows won't sag over time. Our threaded steel rod and chain bracing system securely holds the full weight of the frame for its entire lifetime. If the home's roof comes too close to the bay window to allow use of this system, knee brackets are installed as reinforcement.
- Lifetime warranty: All moving parts and hermetically insulated seals are guaranteed against defects in materials or workmanship. We also assure all our customers that our windows will not chip, crack, peel, or blister. This industry-leading warranty is even transferable to the next owner of your house.